Homemade Baileys Irish Cream recipe is a deliciously creamy and chocolatey homemade alcoholic drink. Make it in less than 5 minutes and with just 6 basic ingredients. The perfect homemade gift for family and friends.
Homemade Baileys Irish Cream also makes the perfect homemade gift for friends, family, neighbours and teachers. Simply whip up a batch, pour it into gorgeous little bottles, add a gift tag and you’re set! Easy, right!?
What you need:
- sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla extract
- Irish whiskey
- instant coffee granules
- chocolate syrup or topping
What to do:
Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Very slowly increase the speed to medium.
- Mix until the ingredients are just combined.
- Pour into sterilised jars.
- Store unopened in the fridge for up to 2 months.
Tips for making Homemade Baileys Irish Cream
- Mix the coffee granules with 2 tbs boiling hot water and stir until dissolved. Allow the coffee to cool before adding to the blender (this step is optional – but recommended for a smooth result).
- Certain blenders (generally the powerful ones) can curdle the mixture slightly as they ‘whip’ the cream – but don’t worry! Start your blender on a medium speed and increase slowly. If you notice this happening, turn the speed back down and continue to blend until just combined. If your mixture does appear curdled, simply pour it through a sieve and then allow the drained liquid to settle. Scrape any excess off the top with a spoon.
This creamy, chocolatey drink really is perfect for the party season!
Remember we are open throughout the Christmas season here at Monarch! http://www.monarchbedrooms.co.uk